View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 03:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

What a great topic thread!

On the most effective side:

Baclofen for management of spasm, pain and sleep disturbance has been the most beneficial for me.

Diclofenac topical anti-inflammatory lotion has been the most beneficial, with the fewest side effects for control of swelling and pain in localized areas (joints, muscles and tendons.) I use it when any of these areas have become inflamed, injured or strained due to injuries, falls, severe spasticity etc.

LDN has basically given me back my cognitive function, reduced fatigue and taken the edge off of most other symptoms.

On the least effective side:

These mostly have to do with producing side effects so severe for me, so as to strike using them (at least regularly or over the long term) off the list of possibilities. It is worth mentioning that there are also other inflammatory and metabolic conditions present besides MS in my case.

- Steroids (IV or oral) causes digestive dysfunction (malabsorption, cramping) and liver function to take a life threatening dive in short order
- OTC anti-inflammatory medications cause digestive tract dysfunction as well as liver stress and bleeding problems after about the 4th dose

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (08-21-2012), SallyC (08-21-2012)