View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 05:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spine95 View Post
If you must go to the ER (and it is appropriate at times) take all of your surgical and radiology records....discs and reports. Keep your focus on your need for some answers, an immediate referral and your greatly diminished level of function. The ER doc is far more likely to take you seriously and throw in something to give you temporary relief.

I DO understand the problems the ERs have with drug seekers. On the other hand, it seems like you must have a gunshot wound to the chest to get something for pain. Best wishes.
Thanks for this. I have shown up with a stack of med records and they NEVER look at them. Not one doc has even peeked at them. I mean I could have a ream of paper and they wouldn’t know the difference. I have had a couple of ER docs that were good and compassionate, but it’s rare. And yes, if push comes to shove I will go back to the ER, but wanted try anything I could just to stay away from the horrible experiences I’ve had there. They did the MRI, said you need surgery, and sent me on my way last time. If not life threatening… I guess we’ll see ya next time. And there will continue to be next times until I get some kind of help with this back of mine and the CRPSII that I deal with.
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote