View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 06:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
The time when you have to worry about paralyzation is when you lose control of your bladder and bowels. Now THAT is a REAL EMERGENCY!!! If that EVER happens, do NOT let anyone in the emergency room intimidate you. YOU INTIMIDATE THEM!!! Make THEM get busy on YOU. Cause that is a real emergency situation. If that ever happens, usually it's an issue of immediate surgery or else it could mean permanent damage.

I've had sciatica in the right leg for 26 YEARS -- yes you read that right. Now it is spreading to the left leg. It's been miserable because no doctor could find any meidcation that could help the horrible pain. Now, my "kind of new" doctor has finally found a combiination of meds that are working to ease the pain --- of course it hasn't taken away all the pain, but it has eased it somewhat. Instead of a 10 on the pain scale like it was, it's now about a 6. So I can live with that, although I'd rather not. LOL

Seems like someone could refer you to physical therapy. THAT is where you're gonna get your best relief -- even if you've tried if before, try it again and stick with it cause that really IS where you're gonna find relief if you stay with it. Especially pool therapy -- that is the best for your ailment. I wish you the very best. God bless and will you PLEASE keep me posted? Let me know how you do, will you? I'm really interested. Take care. Hugs, Lee
Okay now I’m concerned. I have lost control of both. Only once with bowel (recently) and many, many times with bladder. I told my husband, wow… okay this is sexy! LOL and he said ***** happens.

I agree that Phys. Therapy would be awesome, but again, no ins., no referral, and I can’t afford it out of pocket. I did get into a pool a few times / days in a row and my RSD / CRPS II started to get angry and let me know about it in degrees of pain. I think, if I had a regular PM doc and could get the meds I need to do anything therapeutic, then maybe I could build some strength and drop a few pounds. Lord knows I could stand to drop a few pounds. I take a Rx called Gabapentin and it helps a lot with the CRPS but the downside is weight gain. Then there’s the approach of menopause (joy!). None of these things are helping. To add insult to injury I had, had a baby just before getting CRPS, so it’s like an uphill battle for sure… ug!

Again, I will definitely go to the ER if things get too out of hand, I just couldn’t bring myself to go unless NOTHING helped. Thank goodness that it had calmed down a bit and I have not had any incontinence in at least a week or so. When I was coughing, oh good grief, I was wearing a pad just to keep from messing up my clothes from peeing every time I coughed. The bowel was once and it was about 4 weeks ago.

I know I need help, and my husband is trying hard to get me the ins I really need. Just the hope of seeing a doc soon is what keeps me going. He’s got a couple of lines on a new job, so we’ll see. Thanks again! I really do appreciate it!!
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote