View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 03:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Tongue major pain

Hi Ada!

I hate my seatbelt too. I have it adjusted as much as I can to not be too close to my neck, but the slightest pressure from the chest-belt is annoying as heck. They do make things that wrap around the belt near your neck and over shoulder that are made of lamb fleece. Sometimes they're cute stuffed-animal looking things. Not sure where to buy one though. Any ideas out there?

My more immediate worry is the airbag system. I live in fear that I may bump something slightly and the bag could go off. It's illegal to remove the air bag. Not even a DR's note can waive the law. It's hard to find a functioning, reliable late-model car. The laws are crazy. I don't want to think about what an airbag impact would do to me, much less think about the local failing health system trying to make heads or tails of my condition.

Sweeping: sometimes it feels like my ribs 'flex', but move? gee I hope not! The lightest weight broom I could find is an OXO brand. Very easy to use in the kitchen. But any other surface type makes pushing the lightest of brooms painful in a very short time.

After your ribs calm down, you can try sweeping in shorter bursts? Or not sweep at all. Hope your broom is light-weight!

((((((HUGS)))))
Anne

"It is what it is."
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote