View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 10:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi daisy.girl~ I think all of the conditions you listed are connected. We will be able to show how they can all be traced directly back to these missing enzymes.

If you have any questions as we proceed, please don't hesitate to ask. All I am really doing is showing how the symptoms and associated conditions of MS can be traced directly back to these enzymes. I started by addressing the dysregulated iron and RLS found in MS. Protease regulate iron absorption and the lack of iron and dopamine would lead to RLS. Dopamine is derived from phenylalanine. Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid that is derived from high protein foods. That is what protease do, they break down high protein foods and release essential amino acids. I posted a study that shows phenylalanine is lacking in fibromyalgia patients. More than 33% of fibromyalgia patients also have RLS.

MS patients also lack phenylalanine and numerous other amino acids found in high protein foods. The following study found that MS patients lack phenylalanine, tryptophan, leucine, isoleucine, valine, and tyrosine.

Plasma and Cerebrospinal Fluid Tryptophan in Multiple Sclerosis
and Degenerative Diseases
Monaco, F., S. Fumero, A. Mondino, R. Mutani. 1979. J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry
42:640-641.

The lack of phenylalanine would not only lead to RLS (due to a lack of dopamine) it would also explain many of the other symptoms found in MS. Here is a list of the known symptoms of dopamine deficiency.

• Stiff, rigid, achy muscles
• Cognitive impairment
• Impaired motor skills
• Tremors
• Inability to focus attention
• Poor balance and coordination
• Strange walking pattern (gait), frequently with small steps

Hey Erika~As far as I know, I was the first person to use the term "PEDD" so there wouldn't have been any studies done.
Annesse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (08-22-2012), SallyC (08-22-2012)