View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default more on h. pylori...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
We just got the results back from our extensive GI test, and among other things not too big of a deal, we have candida yeast as well as, yep, h. pylori. I know a good half the people on the planet have pylori, but did want to share that here's another PWP that also has pylori.

I know pylori doesn't cause PD or else everyone with pylori would also have PD....but I can't wonder if it might help set the stage....
Wow, thanks for the update! There is a research clinic in the UK that believes that Parkinsonism can result from h. pylori infection. Plus there is solid research showing symptom improvement when the infection is treated. Here is the link to the group. They treat PD patients and I believe that Ron Hutton has been treated there.

http://www.whatsdrivingparkinsons.net/

See this article for an "update" on h. pylori - it looks like it steals cholesterol from people and messes with glucose levels. PWP are no stranger to hearing that glucose and cholesterol (lipids- ketotegenic diets) play a part in the disease process.

Bacteria 'linked' to Parkinson's disease.

It is dated 2011 but stands out for finding a possible link with cholesterol and glucose levels in the brain.

Last edited by Conductor71; 08-22-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Link fix
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote