View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 03:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can't remember street names or directions

I used to have to have an unreal ability to navigate without a map and remember directions. It was not unusual for me to watch a TV program with someone traveling down a road in the UK - not only could I identify the road but also what would be coming up on either side of the road.

Yesterday, my elderly neighbour showed me some pictures of a house his son was considering buying. I could remember the name but couldn't locate it within the neighbourhood where I grew up and still live. It was the same with some of the other properties he showed me. Later on I went to some web sites of the local estate agents (Realtors) and it was the same. Recognised the names of the streets but could I place them in the town

Same thing happened going to my accountant near the University / College I went to for 6 years - could I remember the best route there -

This is the strangest thing - I seem to have "lost" my ability to remember the street names and directions in my locality.