View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 04:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It must be so hard having your husband in this situation. We rely on our husbands and when things change, we (the women) have to become the strong one of the family, which is a difficult role reversal.

I too hope you get some answers.

I suffer from vision problems, many on this site do too. The rear right hand lobe of the brain was damaged with my accident. This took the vision in my left eye at first, it has come back but is blurred.
It is hard to focus. This lobe also affects the way we try to explain in speech what we are thinking. So if I am put on the spot with a question it is blocked and I cannot answer.

I would like to think that your husbands trauma is relatively new and he therefore needs time for this part of his body, that we all take for granted, to heal.
The swelling he must still have will push parts of his brain, back and neck around, that were in a different place before his accident.

I keep being told to be patient.

I suppose it's like when you have a baby, it takes a long time for everything to go back to "normal." But its never back to what it was before. I imagine your husband is the same things will settle, but they will be different from before.

Lots of luck and keep in touch.
peacheysncream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-24-2012)