Thread: MTBI after fall
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 09:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for all the advice and suggestions

Thanks -Mark in Idaho- & -peacheysncream- & -sospan- for reading my posts and for taking the time to answer. Very much appreciated

I have been reading the threads here since my accident 3 weeks ago, and I feel reassured learning about everyone's struggles. So thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.

Since I first wrote this thread, I made some changes on my diet following advices found here on this forum. I cut out caffeine and also have been taking multivitamins (mega men) and oily capsules with omega 3,6 & 9.

The tinnitus hasn't improved since the accident, but I found that if I leave the fan on, the noise helps with the buzz in my ears and also, helps cutting out other sounds (cars passing by, neighbours coming into the building, doors opening and closing, keys rattling, etc) that have been accentuated since the accident.

The nausea has improved a lot since I started taking cyclizine. I was vomiting after every single meal before taking the pills, now I only have morning sickness, so that's a improvement.

Headaches are the most inconstant of the symptoms, I've been getting it very bad sometimes. Other times it's manageable. I have been applying ice to the back of my head Mark, as you suggested, and it helps most of the times, thanks!
I am taking tramadol 100mg and paracetamol 1g four times a day for the pain.

Sleep has been inconsistent as well, with me having lots of naps and not so many whole nights of good sleep. I'm trying my best though, I listen to my body and everytime I feel sleepy I go straight to bed and try to get comfy.

The light sensitivity is the same too, I have the blinds down in my bedroom and living room to cut down a bit of the light coming into the flat. Otherwise I'm wearing dark sunglasses wherever I go. I still see flashing stars and bright shapes moving around me when I get too tired.

My balance is still quite bad, can't walk around without holding onto walls or furniture, my legs are wobbly all the time I'm standing up. I have been dropping things all the time too, so no improvement on this area either.

My memory is playing up... It started last week, and I can't remember anything about the last Saturday or Sunday. Because I'm home alone, it's quite scary to know that I can do things that I won't remember later on. I started a journal and have been writing down everything I do, symptoms and thoughts I have on a daily basis.

And also there is the depression, but I have dealt with it for 16 years now, so I know that next time I go to the docs I will need to have a chat about it too.

I have been wondering if the fact that I have had depression for a long long time, and considering all the medication I have already taken during all these years of on/off treatments, could have made my mTBI symptoms worse.
Mrs-B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote