View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Hi Bruce, Welcome.

Yes, I'm DXed idiopathic too, but since the doctors "gave up" I've learned more, and gotten somewhat better, on my own -- hanging around here.

Before acquiescing to the heavier stuff (gabapentin, Lyrica, opioids) I would at least try the supplements first (See Sub-forum and Sticky threads). If they don't help, nothing lost.

If it can't hurt to try it, then it can't hurt to try it.

My neurologist wrote me a knee-jerk scrip for gabapentin without even thinking about it or asking me -- and 300mg x 3/day at that. I had to insist he start me at a lower dose (tried gabapentin before for chronic pain, so I knew what to expect). It was about that time that I was reading about B12, RLA, ALC, B5, et al here. The neuro dismissed them.

RLA worked better, and sooner, for me than gabapentin, and the bottle of gabapentin is still sitting in the cabinet 18 mos. later. Adding B5 to the RLA helped even more.

Since the original DX, I've found quite a few things that have helped, and some that the neuro missed, and I'm figuring this thing out.

Liza Jane's Charts are good for those DXed idiopathic who want to pursue it further, though treatments may be the same.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain Bruce (08-25-2012)