View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 01:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hamstring/ glute nerve pain undiagnosed -new to this group

Hi all,

Just posted this on the peripheral neuropathy forum, but thought it might apply here, too.

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to shed some insight on my situation of undiagnosed nerve pain in both legs?

I experience:
-burning in my hamstrings/ glute area which radiates down the back of my thighs
-a buzzing sensation in my feet
-sharp stabbing pains in my hips, hamstrings, and other leg muscles
-muscle spasms throughout the entire legs and feet which feel like elastics snapping
-muscle twitching (fasciculations) especially in my toes and feet
-a sensation extreme leg muscle tightness like saran-wrap around the muscles which is brought on with movement and makes me feel weak
-painfully hot burning feet and hands and alternatively, cold, blue feet and toes
-tingling in my muscles
-muscle cramping in my feet, calves, and thighs
-I also get a strange sensation of cool water trickling down my leg muscles (especially the hamstring) and near my pelvis into my buttock region

My symptoms worsen with activity, and I am hardly able to do any at all, at the moment. In the past, I have had good periods for a while where I very slowly build up my muscles and am able to do yoga and walk around, but then, all of a sudden, I'll do a bit more than usual, and BAM. Back to not being able to walk around again without extreme leg muscle tightness and pain for about four days. Then I have to very slowly add in walking, and often have repeated leg flare ups where I am unable to return to my previous state and can hardly move around. It seems that my situation is worsening, however, and it is harder to stay in a less-pain phase.

I have been experiencing these symptoms for many years. It began with extreme leg antzyness (the burning)-almost to the point of pain- in high school, which, at first could be relieved with exercise, but is now worsened with it.

Currently, I have had a MRI on my spine, nerve conduction testing, vascular testing, an MRI, a lumbar MRI, nerve conduction testing, compartment syndrome testing, all of which have not shown any issues. I am just waiting for the results of an MRI on my pelvis/ hamstrings which I just recently had. My doctors believe my sciatic nerves may be getting compressed somehow.

Sound familiar to anyone? Have any ideas? Please feel free to give me a shout!

Thanks!
biobabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote