View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananababe View Post
I am and I used to run recreationally but stopped when the pain began. I've had burning in my feet now for just over a year. It started in the bottoms, moved to the tops, then sensations elsewhere in my body which are more electrical in sensation. Recently, I am feeling it above my ankles. I am having such a hard time accepting it being idiopathic because it seems to be slowly progressing. I have read a lot on here and taken the advice seriously. I radically altered my diet last spring to avoid sugar and refined flour and incorporated more omega 3s. I also tried avoiding nightshades and wheat with no results. I still only eat sugar from fruit (once in awhile I cheat a tiny bit). I went off of two medications which could've been implicated in causing the nerve damage, zoloft in april and ambien in June. All of my blookwork, NCV/EMG, MRIs came back normal over the past year. I just started taking the supplements talked about on here (r lipoic, high B12 + more).

I just had some bloodwork done again. My blood sugar is very normal –*not even close to pre-diabetic. The only thing abnormal is the creatinine level which is slightly elevated. This I attribute to some significant weight lifting about 3x/week. Anyone know of any link between higher levels of creatinine and neuropathy?

But mainly, I don't understand how this can be getting worse! I have done everything I can and I can't accept that there is no known cause.
Could it be genetic?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote