Thread: UK TOSers?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 06:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi I have a couple of articles that reference surgeons in the UK.

ttp://icvts.oxfordjournals.org/content/6/5/644.full.pdf+html

Also:
couldnt post the whole article-I can send it by e-mail if you pm me.

Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery, General Surgery and Neurology, King's MilCentre forHealthcare Services (NHS Trust),Sutton-in-Ashfield NG17 4JL, UK

Two-surgeon approach to thoracic outlet syndrome: long-term outcome
DSharanMS(Orth)DNB(Orth) AMoultonFRCS GHGreatrexFRCS SKDasMSFRCS AMWhiteleyFRCP V M Srivastava MS (Orth) MSc (Orth)
J R Soc Med 1999;92:239-243

An orthopaedic surgeon and a vascular surgeon jointly conducted 30 operations for thoracic outlet syndrome in 27 patients, having done the preoperative assessments in conjunction with a neurologist. Anterior scalenectomy was performed by the supraclavicular route except in one case where the infraclavicular route was used. The further surgical procedure was tailored to the abnormalities identified-i.e. resection of cervical rib or band, or medial scalenectomy.Thefirstribwas spared.Atmedianfollow-upof37months(range3-228)resultswerejudged excellent or good on 26/30 sides (87%); on the three occasions when scalenectomy alone was performed, the results were only fair or poor. There were no major complications and no patient required reoperation. The long- term outcome in this series suggests that, with multidisciplinary assessment and two-surgeon operative treatment, good results can be obtained by the supraclavicular route without resection of the first rib.
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote