View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 08:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank You,

I am tryoing to get a "confirmation" of my diagnosis so I can undergo proper therapy to help with my memory. Processing speed, and other cognotive troubles. It is a school sport related injury so I also need it to be confirmed that it is due to the head injury that I am this way so I can receive coverage for it. It has been a long 1+ year battle and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of tis tunnel right now.

Luckily my neurologist who first was stubborn to send me for a cognitive eval now wants me to go to a different place to get a full cognitive assessmewnt for TBI. I've decided to wait a week until the head of neuropsych at kessler gets back to me about if I can get seen there again or not.

I also do feel that I just wasn't "as bad" as I need to be to foit their program. Since they are a rehab facility they often take worse cases then mine I guess. We will see what happens
22 year old college student and former college athlete suffering from memory loss, lack of concentration, confusion, loss of balance, mood changes, frequent head aches, noise sensitivity, and more due to multiple concussions. Last recorded in August 2011 during a soccer practice while doing a heading drill. No longer allowed to play soccer or any other competitve sport because the risk of another concussion is too great. Also suffering from Fibromyalgia, diagnosed in 2006 chronic pain, fatigue, irritability.
Jaystar89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote