View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I did have issues watching tv. I think the tv we have has some different settings on it as far as brightness goes, so i set it to the dimmest as possible. But I have noticed, I can watch for about 1/2 hour to an hour and that's it. Still can't watch action movies because of fast motion, and flashes, too.

The glasses seem to help; I didn't notice as much at first when I tried them on in the dr. office, but when I am in stores and such, it does reduce the glare. (I don't even wear my contacts anymore because I love my lenses so much)

I was having computer issues, but I think it was Mark who suggested changing the background to an olive green (I have a Dell with Windows, and that is one of the color schemes) I also found the main menu button to lower the brightness and contrast, which helps tremendously.

Even with that (I work 8 hours a day and it is a lot of computer entry) I have to rest my eyes every 20 minutes or I get a raging headache. Even if it is just to look away and sit for a few minutes, that is what I have to do.

I really hope this helps! I am glad that you are going to talk to the optometrist about it! Let me know how the appointment goes!

P.S. I just read a thread in "Flourescents, my arch nemesis..." and Xanadu00 called the lenses this:
"See if you can get prescription tinted glasses for light sensitivity. The tint that is normally used to help with fluorescent lights is called FL-41; it's a reddish tint that filters out blue wavelengths. "

So that explains how they work, I guess, and if they don't offer Velvatint, try calling it what Xanadu00 did!!!
March 2007, Oct. 2007, and Jan 2012 concussions sustained in martial arts/police academy training; suffering from PCS symptoms of fatigue/exertion problems,tinnitus,dizziness, overstimulation issues, photophobia. Also suffer from PTSD.

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.
2 Corinthians 4:16
Dolfinwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote