View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Suffering for years - neck and shoulder pain

Good Morning - New here - Recently had a MRI again and I can not understand the results - Is there anyone that can translate them into plain English for me.

I have shoulder and neck issues since Jan 2008 and seem to be getting no answers. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what the report states:

INTERPRETATION: Images reveal straightening of the normal cervical lordosis. The cervical cord displays normal signal characteristics and morphologic features. The cerebellar tonsils are normal in position and morphology.

At C7-T1, there is mild uncinate spurring but no significant canal or foraminal stenosis. Dorsal disc margin is normal.

At C6-7, there is a 6 mm right paramedian caudally migrating extrusion impinging on the cord (axial image 7, series 7; sagittal image 8, series 3). Uncinate spurring results in mild left foraminal stenosis.

At C5-6, there is spondylosis eccentric to the left with a broad-based 3 mm protrusion and bordering osteophytes abutting the ventral cord resulting in contouring and mild dorsal displacement (axial image 12, series 7). Uncinate spurring results in moderate right and mild to moderate left foraminal stenosis (axial image 11, series 7).

At the C4-5 level, there is mild uncinate spurring bilaterally, and mild spondylosis without significant canal or foraminal compromise.

At the C3-4 level, there is mild right foraminal stenosis due to uncinate spurring but no neural compromise and no canal or foraminal stenosis on the left.

The C2-3 level is unremarkable.

CONCLUSION:
1. 6 mm right paracentral caudally migrating HNP with cord impingement at C6-7. Mild left foraminal stenosis.
2. 3 mm protrusion with adjacent osteophytes at C5-6 with cord contouring and dorsal displacement. Moderate right and mild to moderate left foraminal stenosis.
3. Mild spondylosis and uncinate spurring at C4-5 without significant canal or foraminal stenosis.
4. No evidence for intrinsic cord pathology, neoplasm or infection.
BOlson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote