Thread: new claim
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 02:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Last date insured

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie1961 View Post
since i was denied by the alj and my attorney dropped me. I was advised by an online attorney to change doctors since my psychiatrist was not for me as i thought. here is my question, I am going to file a NEW claim on my own, has anyone went this route?I have a new psychiatrist that I will be seeing.

In order to file a second claim, you must be insured through Social Security. Call the SSA and ask what your last date insured is. The last date insured is always the last date of the quarter in which the actual last date falls. If your onset is after the last date insured you do not qualify for SSDI. SSI does not have these requirements.

I filed my own application and was approved within three months. But, I submitted a hard copy application with all my medical records, letters from doctors, Adult Funtion Report (available on my website SSDI-Help.com).

Your medical history of treatment, medication and work history are very important. If you were ley-go because of your disorders, have your employer write a letter describing your behavior.

Have all letters sent to you, so you can submit them with your application.

Be very thorough in your answers even if you have to write an attachment to fully eplain which I highly recommend for anyone.
Respectfull;y,
Trudi
"Thanks for this!" says:
finz (08-27-2012)