View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 06:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy I get very ill if I forget to take my Sinemet Plus (carbidopa/levodopa)

Hi, I am a 17 year old girl with Dopa-Responsive Dystonia. I take 3 Sinemet Plus pills a day. However, I am VERY forgetful at taking my medication If I forget to take 1 I'm OK (I accidentally do this very often). If I forget to take all 3 or 2 of them I just VERY bad muscle cramps and contractions mostly in my back (I also have Clonus and Scoliosis), very shaky, headache and can't concentrate or walk properly. I am bed bound if I forget to take them. Why does this happen is it the sudden (accidental) withdrawal?

The reason I forget is because I'm out and don't take my medication with me or I forget to take it when I stay at a friends or I geniunly just forget it! I'm a teenage girl and I've only been diagnosed for 5 months so it's new to me, its hard to cope with sometimes!

I'm wondering if there is a solution to this problem? Like a surgical pump that delivers your medication for you or something along the lines of this? I find it very hard to remember and I have organised pill pots with Morning, Noon, Evening and Bed sections one for each day of the week but I'm still failing to remember. Does anyone have anything they could suggest to help me out :/? Thanks!
greeneyes1994 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote