View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 09:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
I have edema; but because of the PN cannot handle the added pain from the compression socks. Unfortunately, I have to take water pills daily to keep the swelling and water retention down.

The hardest part, for me thru all of this, was acceptance. Took quite some time; still struggle; but then realized the life I was passing on to those I loved was not good for them or myself. I needed to start caring more about others. I actually felt badly for my husband who could no longer enjoy the things we did together. His life has changed because of my illness as well. Really not the life any of us had planned....24/7 pain.

(Gerry)
Yeah, I get what you're saying, and you have to start caring about your spouse, or else he'll leave you. Fact of life. When I say 'old lady', I'm talking about my mother - I came down to Florida to help her because she was killing herself trying to take care of my stepdad, who has dementia. We finally got him into a home for people with the same problem (this week). I do care about my mother, that's why I'm down here, but as in any family, there are issues.
I'm alcoholic, and my real old man is about as low down the totem pole as you can get. Nothing but ***** and threats from the guy from the time I was old enough to look up. Dear old moms let that go on for 20 years until I got old enough to step in. I'm not blaming my father for me being an alcoholic, but all you have to do is watch Intervention, and every last one of them was abused. Not in the mood to hear her browbeat me when I'm in more pain than usual. It's got nothing to do with caring about others, because I do. Maybe I'll have to move out. Whatever. It'll change for her, but it ain't gonna change for me. I've accepted it. I'm just scared ******** that I'll starve because I can't make a living at some point.

Last edited by Chemar; 09-15-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: circumventing language filters
Brue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote