View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 03:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks everyone for the advice. I only take provigil on an as needed basis but I won't be taking it again until I talk to my neurologist. The rash has gotten much better but I still feel itchy and there are patches of light red left. I took Benadryl every 4 hours and while I can barely stay awake I think it helped. Now I'm on Claritin. I had the first day of the 5 day IV antibiotics and the rash did not get worse so that is good news.

Regarding the pedicures, I have 3 friends who told me stories when I mentioned my experience. One friend got a bad MRSA infection, another said her aunt had the same thing happen as me, and yet another said a friend got a really BAD fungus at a high end nail salon. And those people aren't necessarily on immunosuppressants! Yikes. The nurse in the doctor's office says she brings her own nail tools and they do the pedicures in a tub that has a lining.

And they did such a nice job with my purple toenails everyone has said. But it's clearly not worth it!! Ugh. The only upside is I get to stay an extra week in California.
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (08-24-2012)