View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 04:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You'd be MUCH better served to get an MRI instead of X-rays. The X-rays do NOT show the soft tissues, i.e. the discs. For instance you could have herniated discs and the X-rays would NOT show it. That's the problem with taking X-rays. They do not show any soft tissue damage. I don't know why doctors still use them -- probably because they're cheaper.

All this shows is you have compression fractures of L2 thru L4 and there might be some problems with the facets.

Pedicles are the basal part of each side of the neural arch of a vertebrae connecting the laminae with the centrum.

This does NOT indicate any degree of severity of the fractures. That's why I say you'd be better served to get an MRI.

Why not talk to your doc and suggest getting an MRI so you can see the whole picture -- discs and all. You don't want to risk having herniated discs and not know it as they could be pushing on nerves and you could end up with permanent nerve damage. So talk with your doc, ok? God bless and take care -- and PLEASE keep us posted!!! Hugs, Lee

PS -== THANK YOU for your service to our country!!! It is GREATLY appreciated!
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote