View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 04:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Do you have PAIN with this numbness in the leg? It almost sounds like sciatica to me. I've had it for 26 years, but mind is extremely PAINFUL, along with the numbness, tingling, etc. The pain can be unbearable at times. Have you EVER had pain in the leg or foot? With sciatica, it is VERY difficult to diagnose because they can't see it. You could have perhaps taken a fall, and dont remember it. If you've been in a car accident, that could have caused it. Any trauma to the lower back could have caused it but left no evidence.

Did you have an MRI of the lower back or not. It wasn't quite clear if you did or not.

I would talk to my doc/neuro of the possibility of sciatica and see what they say. It sure sounds like it, even if you don't have the pain. I HAVE heard of others who had sciatica without the constant pain, just the numbness. So see what they say. I wish you the very best. Please keep me posted, ok?? God bless and take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote