View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 08:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My daughter has been in 5 ketamine coma’s. Her MD just admits her to the hospital for pain control and starts giving her the ketamine. Just be forwarned, it doesn’t work for everyone, and it really messes with your brain. Ketamine is a “horse tranquilizer” and is/was used as a general anesthesia med. It disassociates your brain and wipes it clean, hopefully including the pain. But with neuropathic pain (CRPS) the brain is so hardwired to remember that it has a hard time forgetting that. Ketamine is NOT an antiinflammatory and does nothing for the inflammation process. It is strictly a mind altering drug, that is why it is so popular in the night clubs and referred to as “special K”.
My daughter has been effected with RSD in both of her legs hips to toes and been hospitalized 12 times in the last 18 months. We have learned a lot. It is so frustrating for these patients inflicted with RSD, my heart breaks. I hope there is someday a cure for all!!!!!
Please know we cannot continue to suffer in silence and the FDA needs to know that many different things work for different people. There is no one medication that works for everyone. I am a RN and work for a major insurance company I am working on getting insurance companies to look at individual cases and not pay attention to what the FDA says!!! We need to band together.
momofrsd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote