View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sometimes these things work, or at least help. The problem I had when I was doing such things over many years was that sometimes they worked, sometimes not, and I had to have a lot of extra money to do them. And now I do not have a lot of extra money, much of it having gone to try to get well. Was it worth it? Of course, what else can you do?

My point here is that if something like this works, it should be a standard treatment, and people should not have to look and look and look, often futilely, for help. The medical profession needs to look into these things, but they won't, I guess.

The enzyme problem suggested on another thread by Annesse, there's another case. If there is help there, why isn't it standard? We have not yet been told by Annesse what the "cure" for pancreatic enzyme deficiency is, so we can't really comment on this at all, but it's another case where it might help and standard medicine should know about it if it does.

Some good possibilities get thrown under the bus for lack of interest and money by the medical profession. One of these, for instance, might be Dr. Swank's later concept that something is missing in MS blood, something that responds to blood transfusions from clean, reliable sources. He was finding that people were getting out of wheelchairs and even back into high heels, temporarily (five months at a crack) because of these transfusions. I never tried it because it was in Portland, and I was in Seattle, and it involved taking a healthy person with you from your family (needing reliable blood) to donate. My husband was working, hard to take him, and I was so exhausted that the idea of organizing this, and paying motel money again, seemed too much for me. But what if it worked well? It should have been vetted by standard medicine. But Dr. Swank retired and it never was vetted. Lots of money is poured into research on drugs, but no one was pouring money into this possibility, which would have been more positive than any drug if it worked--not a cure, but a very good therapy.

Congratulations, Dejibo, on your improvement!
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-24-2012), SallyC (08-24-2012)