Thread: its me again
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 11:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Deb,
Its very difficult for me to imagine having to quit my meds because our medical system can't/won't help... living in Canada, I know I'm very lucky to have the help, should I need it. I will admit, due to pride, there have been times I've cut my pills in half or gone a few days without them until my next paycheck arrived... but that's my choice and I have hidden this from my family and friends. I go through horrible withdrawal symptoms when I don't have my SSRI (Celexa) and I truly hope you're not suffering with that right now.

Alffe has given you a great link to a forum which can possibly help you with your MG.

I understand your yearning to help others... as that's a familiar feeling for me, too. What I've learned is that I'm not much help to others unless I'm in good form. I think, as Moms (women), we're wired to nurture... and it takes a lot of soul searching to love ourselves and nurture just ourselves! You're not in a great position right now... you are suffering and need to hold on to your energy and love... take care of yourself. Make yourself number one... work on who you are now that your children are gone (so to speak).... I know... easy to say... but we all need to be reminded, right?

One of the most healthy choices I made this year was to remove toxic people and situations from my life. It was/is difficult to break old habits and I still creep back into them when "confronted" with the reminders of what I've chosen to avoid.

You're on a healthy path.... you're HERE! Hang onto all the positives in your life... and cull out the negative... slowly, but surely, you can do it!

Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-25-2012), barbo (08-24-2012), ger715 (08-24-2012)