View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 10:23 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

It has taken a long time to get back here to check in again...and again due to high, high, high pain. Lupe works tomorrow, and I am hoping she will bring me some relief. Just by luck, she takes PT classes at night, and she's truly gifted at smoothing the muscles down - I get those grape sized knots.

I was thinking about having an "out" - just in case I am headed for a nursing home - but then I again thought about my girls, and the legacy that leaves them. But this pain is bringing me to truly crazy places after 4 1/2 years, and after my pain doc said there is nothing more he will do. Period. He went from compassionate, to a real jerk, frankly.

My primary though said he'll do another round of Botox, and try some nerve blocks. The Botox was done one side at a time, so I only had 2 weeks true relief of overlap. I'd like both sides done at once. I'll start a Botox thread, I think, because I did find short but very good relief - not complete, but a lot of the shoulder blade, neck, top of shoulder - the injections were throughout the back areas.

Besides now fighting my longterm care (and it's the new work comp law of 1/03 or 1/04, not 911, I was in so much pain when I wrote my post) anyways, they are proposing an inaccurate legal argument, but where do I get $5K to fight them for a retainer? And one doesn't represent oneself - I don't know LTD laws. (I know work comp, bankruptcy, family law, some criminal, civil lit, foreclosure, eviction and business torts - that's enough! For me to put anything in writing, I really could screw myself.)

So thank you to each person for a response. I am going to TRY to get on here more often. I do miss you all. Laura, Allison and Cyndy please know I saw you called, but was in too much pain to call back since my last messages. My jaws, teeth, ears and hands hurt so much. Also, pains in my legs like growing pains.

Does anyone get those leg growing pains?

I did wonder if it was RSD and/or Fibro, which a couple of docs diagnosed, but my primary neuro and pain doc are ADAMANT that this is a progression of the nerve damage in my neck areas BP areas from TOS, and that they do include the legs. (Annest does NOT believe legs can be involved.)

Oh, the contradicting docs, huh?

Thanks to all. Please get Neurology Today sent to your home - it's free, and it has great neuro articles and some apply to us. No TOS articles - YET.

Hugs.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote