View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris View Post
I am wondering if anyone has made the decision not to have surgery. I have TOS and no pain. I had numbness and coldness in two fingers, but I began physical therapy in May and my fingers are much better. I am seeing the physical therapist twice a week. I don't have any pain (and never did).

I don't want to have the surgery because I am functioning fine. In addition I am concerned about complications post surgery because I always seem to develop infections, have lung complications etc. So I would like to know whether anyone here made the decision not to have the surgery after a surgeon recommended it. Thanks!
if you have no pain and your life is not threatened dont have surgery at least not yet. I have alot of pain and my dr. said i might elect to have surgery if I want to go back to my regular work. The surgeons werent as sure and after seeing them I decided not to for now. I have been doing pt for almost a year,but only a good one for the last 4 months and I have been improving alot but not enough to go back to my regular work.I amy consider it again in the future,because sometimes the pain is too much to bear.I only have ntos though.
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote