Thread: Rash
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberoobu View Post
So i have a rash that continues to spread. It started on my scalp, but now covers the top half of my body. The dermatologist says that its a reaction to a medication.... I have contacted a couple of doctors who are tweaking my meds, although none of them think that its the medicine they prescribed (go figure!).

Has anyone had a rash from Mestinon, Robinal, or Prednisone, or even plasmaphersis?

Any thoughts?
Prednsione can give you a fungal rash. Check with your doctor to see if that's what it is, of course. My neuro said to use athletes foot medicine on it. That didn't work real well, though, so my PCP gave me a script for a cream and said to alternate Neutrogena T-Gel and a shampoo that contains Selenium. I haven't picked them up yet, so I can't comment on how well it works.

Not to hijack this thread, but I've had thrush on my tongue and a sinus infection that won't go away. I know the thrush is fungal, but I'm thinking the sinus infection is, too--I've been on antibiotics and allergy meds. Does anyone know how they treat that? I guess I'd go to an ENT.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote