View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 09:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajile99 View Post
Thank you for your input.

I'm not able to post a link (apparently I'm too new! ), but the information comes off of a document from the University of Illinois at Chicago. It indicates there are various drug categories that should be avoided. Included in this list is some antihypertensive drugs in the beta-blocker and calcium channel blocker class. The drug I'm on is Amlodipine, a calcium channel blocker.

The thought that I could have MG and it being onset by this medication is obviously just a theory at this point without confirmation by my neurologist. However, the symptoms and chain of events, based on our research, seem to be in line. Then again, that's also why I'm here to get the opinion of people who may have experience, as well!

Adam
I've know drugs can make the symptoms worse or cause someone in remission to have symptoms. Its one of the issues I'm facing in trying to treat MG and Stiff Persons at the same time. As far as drugs causing the condition, I don't know if that's likely. Its probable that the list of drugs your sister found are the ones we aren't supposed to take as they worsen our symptoms.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote