View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mestinon question

First hello and hugs around to everyone - I've been "away" for the last few months (i.e. not sure which is in worse condition - my MG or my computer - wonder if there's an IT version of mestinon for it?)

Here's the question:

Has anyone had any luck with crushing mestinon or taking it like nitro tabs (under the tongue) as a "rescue dose"? -->

I'm at 90mg every 3 hours and neuro suggested trying an additional 30mg crushed as what he is calling a "rescue dose" on the rough days - but not to exceed more than 120mg in 3 hours.... I've had to resort to this the last several days but seen very erratic results other than the amount of time I spend admiring the walls in my bathroom (they need paint, definitely, and I have discovered I have a teeny tiny spider friend residing under my sink that is constructing a rather large and intricate web....)!

The neuro's afraid to start me on Pred or anything else for that matter figuring it would tip the balance and put me in the hospital (that old catch 22 of making it worse before it gets better....) and we both know that I'm on the edge of crashing - but if I can hold out till the 1st my insurance changes and GLORY BE - they cover 100% plasmapheresis (which was the only thing that bailed me out/off the vent the last time)....
Ravenred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote