View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mucinex

I have had 4 good days in a row, no queasy stomach or feeling of impending doom. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this feeling of normalcy will continue. I spoke with my dr on Tuesday and he did not think that the Lyrica withdrawal was the source of my suffering, the one conclusion the western docs want to use to explain the symptoms is pregnancy... Not the case here!!!
I'm trying the eastern medicine route as well, trying to eat better and have been taking 600mg of mucinex a day, there are a couple of websites that indicate that the main ingredient has helped some with fibro pain. As for the upset stomach, I stuck with crackers, ginger ale and a natural chewable vitamin for nausea (it contains black licorice). I use a heating pad for my headaches as any pills (Advil) made my nausea worse. I'm also starting an alkaline diet that is supposed to help with fibro pain, I've just started, but will update with any progress. I feel for everyone going through this experience, it's frustrating, painful and lonely, but hang in there! There seems to be a silver lining to this black loud of withdrawal. Mine has been a month in the making.
Be strong! You're not alone!
EyesWideOpen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote