View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 05:20 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Normal? NORMAL?? Hahahahaha, good one!

Sorry, that really wasn't "laughter", it was borderline bitterness. Borderline--I TRY not to be bitter, but every once in a while it slips out.

I've been sleeping in my recliner for months. If I sleep in the bed (WAH, I want to sleep in my bed), either my legs spasm or I slide off my carefully constructed pillow pile and can't swallow, or both.

I tried a knee pillow (helped some, after trying--and spending $$--about six different sizes) but it really only worked while I was still awake and shortly after. Once I was asleep, I'd get out of position, and wake up in pain. That gets old really fast, huh?

Probably my best bed (and likely yours, too) would be an adjustable hospital-type bed. Hard to roll over if your head and shoulders are elevated. There are also contraptions (pillow-type) in health/medical supply catalogs that can help keep you from rolling over.

I'm actually very comfortable in my recliner, once I get my leg pillow and various other things adjusted. I have no idea how it's affected my back, neck, whatever in the long run, but for now it's working. Hope you find a solution soon!!

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
new2net98 (08-26-2012), SallyC (08-26-2012)