View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 07:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajile99 View Post
I guess I'm not trying to infer that the drug caused the disease, per se, but perhaps it had remained stagnant in my body (or perhaps manifesting in smaller, less noticeable ways that I may have ignored or just thought was "normal") and was brought out more substantially due to this medication. Again, this is all theoretical, to a degree, because I'm not entirely sure what's going on with my body.
Hi Adam

I am really interested in this topic. You got some good answers here.
Please mail me any new info you stumble upon in the near future!

In January I thought I had nailed it right on the head – stopped taking drugs that were on an MG list and symptoms cleared completely two weeks later. Re-challenge tests with the drug in question brought back symptoms 12-16 hours after administering it EVERY single time. I had read that any drug induced myasthenic symptoms clear up completely upon withdrawal of the offending substance. And very nicely all my symptoms fell silent for quite a few months without this drug. And so I thought, great stuff! I´m done with all of this now. But now 8 months after being completely medication free, symptoms are sneaking up on me (though in milder forms) and I realize in my case as well the drug probably had more to do with the ´unmasking´ process that 4-eyes was referring to rather than actually being responsible for causing MG. And that is how I arrived at what you yourself describe as something´stagnant´in the body. (I also call it something ´latent´ )

What is also interesting to me is how a drug I used before pregnancy never even gave me a single measly side effect yet now it can cause so much havoc and destruction.

It´s really hard to know that some of our questions about what´s going on in our bodies we may find answers to - whereas others we may never find answers to.

But I´m wishing you continued good luck in your research towards good health anyways!

Anacrusis
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote