View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 12:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cronic Pain- The Mind Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateLynne View Post
when you first realized that you had chronic pain and that you would have it all your life, how did you deal with it? How did you learn to accept it and go on? I am having a real hard time accepting it, and learning to go on- learning to do more in life and to not get caught up in just my pain.

I could really use your thoughts and experiences. Thanks.

-KateLynne
KateLynne,

I've got RSD-CRPS since 1988. My story is after you travel your way thru the pain doc's, the meds, the depression, your left with yourself. It's such a mind game, how will I feel in the morning, can I go to a party this weekend, how many people have I let down.. YOU haven't, this is why I'm on this forum. You have to recreate yourself, stop beating your body up from things you can't control. Take one day, one hour, one minute at ah time. I have found out thru this group and people I've met here, I've wasted so much of my life it makes me sick The years lost, years on meds, things when I look at the photo albums I'm not there. Don't let this happen to you, fight for everyday you have. Has far as people in your life they love you for whats inside, not the pain...

s, many hugs.................

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>
sadlyme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote