View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 10:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Laugh jeff 's reply meralgia paraesthetica

hello criss wow I found someone with the same condition that I have hey criss I am a older man 58 yrs old and I been a very active man worked around the clock I was diagnosed with this in my left lef since may of 2010 I got diabetes and then had cancer surgery now this leg is killing me my feet are on fire neuropathy is bad the wind or a breeze blowing on myleg starts the pain I have a hard time keeping clothes on any thing rubing on the leg make the pain increase I take pain meds gabapentin three times a day morning pain is the worst Iam going to a chronic pain talk group at the hospital I really need some help I have bursitus is also in my hips I just fell apart I put a aloe vera cooling gel that I got at cvs 9 CALLED AFTERSUN ITS A BLUE GEL AND ITS ODERLESS TRY IT it has lidocane in it it helps a little also I do use capzacine cream too I am sorry to hear that is has really messed up your life . It really has me depressed at times i am not a person who likes to sit still I have two grown children in there 30's and I have grandchildren its so hard to deal with it every day i have had it since 2003 it just made me slower and slower hard to bend down and it feels like it will cripple me i remember when I was out of work in 2003 it was more on my right side i couldn't pull myself out of the water onto the raft while swiming it weakend my muscles so bad it may be the diabetes cause it does that to the muscles from hoaving high blood sugar hey criss keep in touch will you please I can chat live too if you want to set up on skype or aol's aim i do caht live chat is cool ok good luck and I hope to catch you again keep you head up it has to get better that's what i say to myself all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by crissyd View Post
My name is Christy and I have had extremely painful ideopathic small fiber neuropathy. I am still very young and have 3 chrildren age 14-8. I finally was diagnosed about 6 years ago with pain getting worse as time goes along. My husband of 16 years left us 2 years ago because he ould not handle this disease. I am on 8 different medications including morphine which my doctors want to switch to methadone. I have been searching the web for years and am so glad that I have found this site. Thank you. I am excited about hearing others stories and finding new friends
jemjeff10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote