View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 11:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Guy Here.

I am new to NeuroTalk. In June 2011 I was building a wire gate on the ranch I work on. I have built them many times, but on this ocassion a wire came free and a hedge gate post cracked me in the head. Stubborn me didn't go to the ER even though I drove to the other side of town before realizing where I was. After a few days I seemed to get my mind back to normal, I would have pressure in my head in the evenings and when visiting a bigbox store I would check my blood pressure and it would be thru the roof. Thinking this is my only problem I head to the DR. to get it addressed. Once the blood pressure comes down the rest of my symptoms explode. Granted this is now months after the head injury. Now I have went to one neurologist who just doesn't seem to want to do anything, nothing but take my money for months. Now workers comp is envolved and their neurologist thinks I need to take Aleve or Acetomenophen. This is after not examining me. I have always hated Doctors now I know why. they take and take your money but when something is wrong they just turn a blind eye to you. The first neurologist diagnosed me with TBI and the last one with chronic postconcussion syndrome. I just want to get better.

Does anyone know what I am talking about when I say I can feel it coming on. I don't really get a headache but usually a burning sensation in the spot where the post hit me. Then as it progresses I loose my concentration and my balance. I don't really notice it so much but other people I work with say that I start moving really slow. Some times it gets bad enough where I cann't talk and other times I cant come up with what I want to say and my speech is slow. I have tried to conve what is happening to the dr.s.

Has anyone else had this? Will it eventually go away?
amikehoover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote