View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 05:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Thanks for the level...it is indeed low. 400 is now the recommended cut off point for needing B12 supplements.
Here is a medical educational site for DOCTORS which is easy to understand for everyone actually. It explains the new 400 cut off point.

Notice that this paper was posted in 2003... it is a shame that physicians remain glued to the old lab ranges even today.
I'd start on some activated B12 called methylcobalamin, ASAP.
Here is our B12 thread:
]

39 yrs is a LONG time for Dilantin. Many patients today, do not use this drug, because of the toxic potential it can show over time in people. I've seen some patients also get liver functions damaged with long term use.
Yes it is a long time. I had a neuro wanting to change me to another med but after talking with my pcp and really thinking about I came to the conclusion that I have "danced" with this med for years and we are quite use to each other. I have been seizure free for the last 25+years so why change and take the chance of having a seizure while driving or at work or just anytime. Believe me the long term affects scare me but I feel I have no choice but to keep taking this med.
mymarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote