View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Blessings from GOD!!

As a 77 year old widow, I am truly blessed to have found this board. I've lost count of how many concussions I have had, probably more than 10 but 6 sincee I started counting in the last 12 years. Then, an automobile accident resulted in a severe head injury which kept my type A personality on vacation for a year. Seizures cancelled my driver's license and I had just been accepted to college for an advanced degree in history and spirituality and that too became a thing of the past. Therapy by a woman trained to treat stroke victims for nearly 9 months, journaling and rest brought me back to near normal but now, having had another concussion 44 weeks ago, my patient neurologist, who has been treating me since the first counted one 12 years ago, remains patient with my type A personality. But I am not. This was one concussion too many; and the symptoms are so different. I do have a permanent damage to the left frontal lobe, the result of another auto accident which required more professional therapy but I was able to learn again and remember much of what was inaccesssible for months after the accident. Now, I'm impatient with rest, rest, rest. I don't sleep well, so after several sleepless nights I sleep like a babe, then, feeling healed the following day, as I did yesterday, I went to church, the grocery store and came home exhausted. Back to square one; no sleep, terrible headache, nausea and frustration. I am blessed to have found this board to realize that I am not alone. Thank you all for sharing your experiences; I shall try to listen to the neurologist, rest, rest, rest and remember that recovery is more difficult with successive concussions! God Bless, Sally
Sally Fine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (10-12-2012)