View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 11:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark in Idaho:

Thanks for your concern and sorry to hear you had such serious problems because of hypoglycemia.

I have been told off by my GP too when she read the machine... Since the accident I increased the amount of complex carbs I'm taking daily, but obviously it still wasn't enough.

I understand the importance of glucose to the brain in my circumstances. I'm taking the vitamins (D-3, B12, B-50 and calcium) and omega 369 to help the brain and from Friday on I have been eating around 100g of carbs a day (before Friday, I had increased the carbs from 40g to 60g, not enough apparently), and because the result of the blood sugar test really scared me, I asked my husband to go to the pharmacy and he bought an Accu-Check machine so I can check my glucose level now and keep an eye on it!

Again, thanks for the tips and concern!

Peacheysncream: I knew it wasn't diabetes because of my diet, meaning that I control carbs for over 3 years now. So that's why I thought it was strange and couldn't find an answer for the sweet saliva anywhere.

I'm please to inform that the sweet taste is gone! I noticed it yesterday morning, as when the saliva was really sweet and it was impossible not to notice.
Mrs-B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (10-18-2012)