View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 06:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post Vaccine Neuropathy Rabies Vaccine

Two weeks ago, I completed a set of 4 shots rabies exposure (bat bite). After each shot, I noticed slight tingling in my hands and feet and stomach pains, but I had to continue the shots. After the 4th and final shot, my symptoms immediately worsened.

Now two weeks later, I have tingling and numbness throughout my body--even my lips. I feel achy and sore all over, my jaw hurts so much I can barely open my mouth, and my brain feels like I'm in a fog, half asleep. I'm a very healthy 39 year old, and I'm now worried that this vaccine has ruined my life. A few days ago, my symptoms stopped getting worse each day, now I'm just living with the same symptoms above with no improvement.

I went to a neurologist, who tested my reflexes and said they look good but that I clearly have lost some sensation in my hands and feet. He ordered a brain MRI for next week. He's not terribly concerned since I don't really have weakness. I'm extremely tired, but I don't feel like my muscles are week.

Has anyone experienced this? Will this ever go away? I'm so scared and miserable. My daughters also had the shots and they have been complaining of legs pains and headaches ever since. I'm even more worried that my kids will never be the same. At least they don't have the nerve problems that I'm having. I'd love to hear from anyone who has had a similar situation. THANKS!
tnshopper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ATX_Man (07-28-2013), htx_gal (10-10-2019), Jhanoh16 (07-24-2016)