View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 08:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcms0516 View Post
I have congenital hydrocephalus. I was married for 8.5yrs. My (ex)wife left me at 4.75yrs. into the marriage. A year after my (ex)wife left, I found out that my (ex)wife had wanted my health problems to 'just go away'. That ignorant attitude is why my (ex)wife freaked when I had a seizure. So I divorced her after 8.5yrs.. Four years after that, my long held suspicion about her health was confirmed, so I was vindicated. I could no longer be looked at as the sole problem in the marriage.

I was engaged to another woman after my marriage. But when I held her accountable for her behavior(Bi-Polar II), she was quick to 'diagnose' me.

Am I due to die alone because people can't cope with my health?
I was wondering the same thing. I am 22 years old and have never even been in a relationship simply because I feel as if no one will truly accept me for who I really am. I have written my feelings in a notebook and keep them to myself because I feel as if anyone finds it and reads it that they will either send me to a therapist for depression or will put me away in an asylum because they will think I am hurting myself (not the case because I have struggled to live this far that I will never throw it away). You will find someone out there. I had joined a support group on facebook and let me tell you it is helping me feel better and have been writing in that notebook less and less because now I know that even though no one in my area has hydrocephalus I no longer feel alone. You should give it a try. Keep us posted on how you are feeling and stay strong.
kl2568 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote