View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 05:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

As mentioned in another post, I think that LDN helped the body to recover from a long day of driving (8+ hrs), which was followed by another 3 hours of fooling around with a flat tire, arranging for a tow truck and more driving. At the end of that day I was exhausted, uncoordinated, and dizzy and vision was blurry and dim. The worst symptom that increased was in the legs; and they were quite weak and spastic. To make it up a flight of stairs I had to use my walking stick and my free hand on the stair above; so I sort of crawled up them like a little kid.

Normally I would have expected to be 2-4 days recovering from fatigue, spasms, pain, dizziness and sleepless nights; but within 24 hours these symptoms were very much reduced and things were pretty much back to how they were before I had set out on the trip.
I slept fairly well in a strange bed, when normally that would have been impossible with the symptoms that were going on at bed time; yet by the next morning the body was well on its way to recovery. I did take it easy for most of the next day and did need to take Baclofen for the leg spasms, but before being on LDN, I would have been incapacitated physically and mentally.

What I found most surprising was the total absence of cog-fog during the drive, the flat tire episode and a round of visiting with family after all of that. By the time I got to bed I had been up for around 18 hours. Yet, even with other symptoms, the brain was receiving and processing information throughout it all with not so much as a blip even during the worst of the fatigue and spasticity; which is amazing compared to how things have been for over a year.
The next morning cognition was still good and I was able to arrange for a tire replacement for the truck. The other symptoms had improved enough so that I was also able to drive there and deal with that without any problems; all in a town that is not very familiar to me.

One thing that I was hoping LDN might help with is hair loss from low thyroid function; but so far not much change in that department. I did notice being a little hyper after about the first week of LDN and so I stopped taking a nutritional support (L-tyrosine), for the thyroid/pituitary/adrenal axis and that's when the hair started to fall out; so I'm going to try taking it again at a lower dose than I was taking before.

All in all, LDN has really provided the most benefit when compared to everything else that I've tried, including PT, meds and nutritional pharmacology. I'm very happy with the change thus far and even if nothing else improves, getting cognition back is enough. That has given me my life back.

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mariel (09-06-2012), SallyC (08-28-2012), Twinkletoes (09-03-2012)