View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 04:27 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

I think you can come to our PN forum for further discussion if you want to discuss nerve issues.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum20.html

In the US with a younger patient, your diagnosis would probably be osteopenia. It is basically low bone density not due to aging.

In your list of drugs ....is that Sonipraz D 40 --- 30mgs of Domperidone and 40mgs of Esomaprazole.
Have you been taking this for a while? Acid blocking drugs reduce absorption of calcium from the GI tract. Therefore they are triggers for bone loss and low density.

Also in your drug list is this:
.Neuromin - OD -------Mecobalamin 1500mcg

This form of B12 needs to be taken on an empty stomach to be absorbed properly. So make sure you do that.

B12 is a cofactor in bone metabolism and needed if you are low in it. I don't see that you were tested for a B12 level?

In the US some doctors here are not recommending high dose calcium supplements with Vit D supplementation. The dose recommended is 600mg/day or less. But things do vary from country to country. Once you normalize the Vit D levels, you should be absorbing calcium from food. If you don't eat foods that supply calcium then a supplement is needed.

I can't really address your back pain. This can be due in older patients to the collapse of the vertebrae and hence there can be compressions of nerves that leave the spine and cause pain when compressed. That can only be evaluated with spinal Xrays and/or MRIs.

Back pain may be due to muscle strain, poor posture, gall bladder disease, or osteoporosis of long duration. Even some cardiac symptoms may refer to the back in some patients. Therefore, I think more evaluation by your doctor is needed.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote