View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplaura View Post
I don't believe it's claudication, though I'm not a doctor, and this is a new one for me.

What leaves me believing this is something else is this doesn't happen when I'm out walking at all. I also began recently experiencing spasticity in my left leg (same leg as the buckling is happening to) but ONLY 1. during the night (wakes me from sleep often, interrupts sleep) 2. when I stand up too quickly and try to move quick, especially on very humid days.

I noticed something else last night about the buckling... this is happening primarily when I am doing something that involves 1. standing in 1 spot 2. leaning forward/bending

Was brushing my teeth before bed last night and leaning forward to look in the mirror, bent a little, and wouldn't you know it? Buckled leg. Caught me off guard but luckily I was leaning on the counter.
Hi, This leg buckling has happened to me on occasion. The surprise factor is the worst. It has happened pre ex and during but not every time. I have had the spasticity in both legs at night in bed occasionally for 10 years, but my left leg is the weaker as well. Thankfully it doesn't last for more than an hour. My calves have been getting painfully tight so I started doing stretches. Every a.m. I started doing slow, long lunges, and at night in bed, I lift each leg straight up and flex my foot. Lo and behold, I haven't had any leg issues at night since I started 3 months ago. That was a good surprise! Lol
Laurie D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-30-2012), SallyC (08-29-2012)