View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default My mother had thyroid surgery when I was 14

You know when you sit and think about the past, all the memories come flashing back to you. I was in class in highschool and I had told the teacher that my mom was having a thyroid operation. Over the loudspeaker the principal said "Let's all pray for Melody's mother, she's having an operation".

I remember visiting my mom and she had this scar across her neck. So my mother had a thyroid problem.

Next, my father had this lump on his neck (I was teenager). He would wear scarfs all the time so no one would find out about it. My mom's friend hugged him one day and exclaimed "my god, what is that think on your neck". My mother got mad at my fathe for not telling her,took him to a doctor, and he had a GOITER. It was removed. He also had a big fatty tumor on the side of his body (I was very young). It was removed. He also had a small benign thing on the back of his leg, IT WAS REMOVED!!!

So now my mom had a non-malignant thing in her thyroid removed. My father had a goiter and several non malignant growths on his body removed.

Now let's get to me. I had a fibroadenoma removed from my breast 19 years ago, and I had a lipoma removed from my knee over 15 years ago.

Now let's get to my son. Last year (he lives in California), his doctor ran a thyroid screening and found he had certain numbers that were not normal and now he is on Armour (at least that's what I remember he told me he was on).

So this thyroid thing skipped over me and went to my son?????

wow!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote