View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 10:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New diet book re: gluten

Years ago in an effort to find out why I have so many headaches, my Dr. took a test and told me I was gluten sensitive.
I have noticed a few odd things over the years. For example, if eat pancakes, I often get "sick." Rye toast, makes me exhausted.
If I eat bread a few days in a row, I will gain a good three pounds that are hard to get off.
So, what I did was just stop eating bread and pancakes. Once in a great while, esp. when we go out to dinner, I'll have a bite of a roll, etc....but I have basically elimnated this food group w/o going on a true gluten free diet. It seems I can be a tad lazy and stubborn. Sigh.
However, I've got a big birthday coming up.
I am having big trouble losing weight. I watch my portions and exercise regularly. It's barely coming off.
I recently saw in a woman's magazine that there is a book (I think it's new) about losing weight gluten free. I think the idea is that if you are having trouble losing weight it could be because you are gluten sensitive and this is messing you up.
Questions:
1) Does anyone know what this book might be?
2) Does being gluten sensitive and still eating gluten cause weight retention and/or gain?
3) Am I probably still getting a lot of gluten in my diet?
4) Can someone suggest a really basic website for me to look at...seems I'm extra stubborn on the subject

Thanks for your patience.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote