View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 10:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New B with lot's of questions

Hi all I am so glad I found this sight. Hope to get some help.
First a tiny bit of history. Hurt my back in Army a long time ago, L4-L5 surg to fix. Have had no real bad prob's for almost 13 years. But over the last year every thing has changed.
Have been in so much pain that I finally went to the VA they said its just arthritis from L5 to C3. I did not think it was just arthritis so I went to family Doc and had MRI done.
Here we go, The report states ( hope all is spelled right, R hand goes numb so did not put it all down )
L2–L4 vertebral bodies, may represent angioma
L3 - L4 and L4 - L5 intervertebral disk space narrowing with extensive endplate remodeling and some ostephyte formation with Schmorl’ nodes at L4,5
L1 ,2 Minimal circumferential disk bulge same with L3,4 with flattening of anterior thecal sac and facet arthropathy and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy, bilateral foraminal narrowing , traingulation of the spinal canal.
L4,5 circumferential disk bulge present with flattening of anterior thecal sac, There is superimposed central posterior disk extrusion with some extrusion into both neural foramina as well, left greater than right. Displacement of the exiting L4 nerve root. Mild spinal canal stenosis.
Sever degree of diskogenic disease at L4,5 with circumferential disk bulge and disk extrusion as well as bilateral foraminal narrowing.

There just seems to be a lot of stuff here I only hope that one or some of it will tell me why I am in so much pain. Hard to stand for any amount of time or even walk, driving my kids to there diff sports events is a killer. No position that is really pain free.
I am small framed not over weight, 41 years of age.

Any simple reads on this MRI. I have two weeks till my Doc will see me. I live in a little souther town so health care is pretty poor here. Any and I mean Any ideas on this would be so appreciated. Thanks mylou
mylou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote