View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmschaver View Post
This is a very bad thing to sacrifice your social connections. You may need a smaller circle. To disconnect too much is to sacrifice a piece of your humanity. Yes it may be a small comfort to not face the fear.

But the alternative of not even being able to connect is much, much worse. Once lost it is very difficult to reconnect if at all. Seek help or tell your loved one/s. You don't want to end up with no support, no one to talk to and unable to even love yourself because you can't love others.

Don't go there for must it is a one way trip.
In my case, many of my friends I haven't seen since before my accident, either they have deserted me completely or have sent one or two messages since...not even a phonecall. The rest have gradually stopped calling and coming to see me no reason given. Friends like that aren't what I call friends, especially when I never asked them for support. Ever. I'm just not the same person, they say. Which translates to "I'm only interested in spending time with you of it involves drinking, partying or some sort of exciting activity."

But I'm pretty confident I'll meet other, better friends. I don't want to be a hermit forever.
andromeda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote