Old 08-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Doydie, you've got a lot of patience.

Have you suggested counseling to him? I'm at a loss as to what to suggest. Maybe someone at your church could recommend someone.....even if it's just you going. Somehow I get the feeling he doesn't think anything is his fault.
One tome when our youngest daughter's school was trying to get us to put her on Ritalin I took her to a phsychologist to see if she really needed. of course she didn't. That's the school system . But he talked to her and us seperately. After talking to him he suggested that he see him or a psychologist of his choice routinely. He definitely had a control issue.But of course the doctor was stupid, didn't know where in the wolrd a man like that would get a degree when all he was was a caring father and he would stay that way because he loved his girls.

And yes, I am a very patient person. has gotten me into some difficult positions. I was known as the nurse who could stay calm in most situations. I was always given the more difficult new nurses to orient for 12 weeks. Yes, I had to do it and stay calm for 12 weeks. But it is a trait that I have taught my girls.
The older one is very patient and also very gracious. The younger one has a little more of her Dads' personality just controls her anger more and is very tolerant and even many times an advocate for people who are not the norm, such as different races, homosexuals, immigrants, any one who looks or acts different. She brings the best out of them nd shows them that she is their friend for lift in any situation. So our girls have grown up to be good adults.

When my husband came home form the nursing home he was very patient with me. He knew I was fragile. I had been very tempted to go out as soon as he left the house and stay out for ours. But that woujld not be a mature adult and I wanted to show him I am mature. So when he got home I had tried to make sure my face was all clean of tears, rested and ready to go out. he said we could go anywhere I wanted, promised that we would stay no matter how cold he felt. Well I felt like that with what my mood was I wanted something simple, very simple. I wanted a hot dog! Maybe it reminded me of my childhood and my parents love. so we went to GD Ritzies. I knew that had to be a rel comprimize for him to go there. He didn't even realize they had a good hot dog. So we went, enjoyed it, calmly talked. So now he is spening the evening watching the Republican convention and I am watching So you think you Dance. Happiness!!!

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (08-30-2012), Dejibo (08-30-2012), Judy2 (08-30-2012), Kitty (08-30-2012), SallyC (08-29-2012)