View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 10:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think I understand how you feel. When we are overweight, it really gets to your overall self esteem. To make matters worse, society is very hard on the overweight. You also have a health issue to cope with and no doubt your doctors are mentioning this to you left and right.

I wanted to point out a few things to you that have helped me. I do Weight Watchers, but I modify it slightly. I have found that the less bread and sugar I eat, the more I am able to control cravings. I also try to fill up on mostly healthy foods.

In addition, if you are not exercising, you need to do this. Exercise not only helps the weight to come off a little faster, it helps a great deal with depression. It doesn't take a significant amount really. Walking might be best. Especially if you are sedentary at the moment, just walking every other day for awhile will get things going. Do what you can. Then in a week or two, do a little more.

You might also try www.beliefnet.com. I think that's the site. The Belief Net site offers a weight loss forum that is very spiritual in nature.

Wishing you lots of strength/good luck. PUsh through this difficulty. Pray. It'll be worth it in the end.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote